Tuesday, July 26, 2011

New car and more lab results :-)

Ok, let's get the business end of this out of the way...went to the vampires yesterday and got another unit of blood drained. My hemoglobin is now 11.9 (goal was 14...so I'm well under that), WBCs are back to being within the normal range (on the high end, but still within normal limits), and my platelets are still climbing, though at first glance it looks like they haven't jumped by quite as much...but what's it really matter when they're over 1 million anyway (normal is 150,000 to 400,000)? Call me Super Clotting Girl! Ok, not funny...since a clot is the evil little demon lurking around the corner of my every thought these days. Hence the reason I set my alarm for every two hours in the middle of the night...I figure if I wake up and find I've had a stroke, I've still got an hour to get to the hospital and start thrombolytic therapy. I seriously can't wait until I can sleep straight through the night again...I wonder if this is how parents of newborns feel? Well, they're probably a lot happier than I am right now...my mood has been a bit on the downer side and I have to say, I do not like it. Not one bit.

And now for the awesomeness....I got a new car! An adorable little Subaru Impreza hatchback...she's white with beige interior. I'll take some pics soon and put those up.

Ok, off to get ready for work. The awesome thing about being at work is that I hardly have time to think about my health...I'm too busy taking care of others. It's a wonderful feeling, and I'd do it more often except for the fact that: a) overtime is frowned upon, and b) it's totally and completely exhausting.

Day off tomorrow! Yay!

Hugs and fuzzy warm kitties,
Mo

No comments: