Sunday, June 21, 2009

Vegan Cooking Club

In the interest of celebrating health and vitality as I come to the tail-end of my 30s, I am starting a Vegan Cooking Club with a few friends (only few because I suspect some of the people I invited are teaming up and thinking of ways to avoid joining the club). Doesn't that sound totally fun?

Anyway, along those lines, I decided it would be a fun idea to cook my way through the Vegan with a Vengeance cookbook, otherwise I tend to prepare the same five recipes (kind of like when I go to Napa I go to the same ol' wineries every time...just call me Rut Girl). Anyway, I started this morning with recipe #1, Scrambled Tofu. It makes about 11 half-cup servings at 67 calories a serving...so even if you nosh out and go for a whole cup it's still a low-cal and high-protein, healthy-carb breakfast! Oh, did I mention the "no cholesterol" thing?

So, please bear in mind that I am not a professional photographer, but here is a picture of the completed scramble:


Next up: Asparagus and Sun-dried Tomato Frittata!!!!

No comments: