Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Closing out the pre-reqs in style!

I got my final grades today...I got all A's!!!!! Woo-hoo! I was a bit concerned about Statistics, but apparently that last test didn't trip me up as much as I thought it did. (jumping up, clicking heels together).

So, with that behind me I only have one more errand to run for my pre-entry requirements, which is to get my TB test read tomorrow afternoon. Then I can package up the whole lot of it and drop it off at the school and finally RELAX!!!! Ok, maybe not totally relax since I'm reviewing A&P and need to start doing some math review...but you know what I mean.

As for the authorized shopping...I have been giving the student loan a workout. I got an iPod Touch, a cool watch that pins to your shirt (so you don't harbor germs and other ick on a watch band), a wrist-watch for labs since I'm not going to wear the hospital watch anywhere but the hospital (refer back to the ick factor), lots of reference books and some sweet apps for my iPod. My favorite is the gFlash app...you can make spreadhseet flashcards using Google docs and then upload them to your phone. No more cumbersome stacks of index cards...yay!

My sister-in-law is planning a celebration dinner on Jan 15th, so I may get more treats then...maybe even the compression hose on my Amazon wish list. Did that just make me sound old? Yes, I'm afraid it did.

Orientation is in three short weeks and then I'm going to try to go see an old friend that weekend prior to school starting. Tricky timing, but she lives on the East coast and she'll be a mere 2 hours from me and I haven't seen her in years and years and years.

So...there you go. Consider yourself caught up. The real fun begins in a week or two when I go buy SCHOOL SUPPLIES! Is it just me, or does the thought of new binders just make everyone giddy?

No comments: