Friday, December 05, 2008

It's official! Not PRE-nursing anymore!!!


Yesterday at approximately 5:40pm, I received The Email! My acceptance into Sac State's clinical nursing program!!!! I bought this uber-cool T-shirt the day I dropped off my application and finally got to wear it today! I know, that makes me a complete dork, but dorkiness is what has propelled me this far so I'm just going to go with it.

The program had 323 applicants for I think 60 spots...either 60 or 40, but I'm pretty sure it's 60. Unlike the lottery programs, this one was based on merit so I really feel like I have accomplished something pretty monumental here. And you would agree if you could see my transcript from College Episode 1...not pretty. Now that I'm focusing on a subject that actually fascinates me, I've soared through with straight As and loved (almost) every minute of it. I guess age does has some benefits after all.

Anyway, school starts the end of January and I have an orientation the week before. Luckily, they are supplying us with an orientation website in a week or so so we can get started on all the stuff we need to do (and get...yay...authorized shopping!) in the meantime. So...once I know some scoop from that end I will update you with all the wonderful minutiae that a nursing student must endure. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Caroline said...

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so excited for you! Although admitedly I just had a feeling this one was gonna be "it." If I was in your area, I would totally take you out to eat at Applebees (my family tradition) and celebrate with you. CONGRATULATIONS! Are you SO excited? Did you cry? I know I cried like a little baby when I got my letter...now of course I can't wait to be done.

As one door closes, another one opens. YEAH FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mo said...

I didn't cry...I was in shock AND at school and had to go straight to my Stats class. Nothing like bringing you down to earth like significance tests and confidence intervals!

Soooo excited...don't really know what to expect so also a wee bit terrified!