Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Got my schedule...finally!

After a very tense registration this morning, I finally have my schedule for next semester. Luckily I got my first choice clinical group, but the bad news is none of my FB nursing school friends are in the same group...or anyone I know, actually. At least not yet. I've organized a little "meet and greet" for this Saturday, so I'm hoping that lots of people come! What's that saying...you can take the girl out of the party planning, but you can't take the party planning out of the girl. Ha.

Anyway...here is my schedule for next semester. It's a wee bit terrifying, especially considering I'm getting credit for 14 hours, but am actually in class 27 hours a week. Nice.

Mondays: Class from 8-11 (Med/Surg), then I suspect I'll be heading over to the hospital to select my patient for the following day's clinical. The rest of Monday will be spent getting ready for my clinical day, which is Tuesday.

Tuesdays: Clinical starts at 6:30 am and runs 'till 2:30-ish. The good news is, it's only about 15 minutes away, so I can leave at 5:50 and be there in plenty of time to have a nervous breakdown in the parking lot.

Wednesdays: Class from 8-4:30 (Physical Assessment and Intro to Clinical Nursing), with a one hour break in between for lunch.

Thursdays: Class from 9-6 (Fundamentals, Therapeutic Comm and Pharmacology), with a one hour break at lunch.

Fridays: NO CLASS! Wheeeeeee! Study all day long! Yahooooo!

With my pumpkin working four nights a week and spending one 24-hour shift as an intern at the fire department (as well as taking two evening classes), we are going to have precious little time together. I am thinking of making Thurdsday nights our "date night", as well as Sunday mornings after he gets home from work. I am hoping to reserve Friday or Saturday night for friends and Sunday night (an hour or two at least) for ME! I will also be teaching yoga 2-3 times per week...need to get that schedule figured out. We'll see how it goes...I really want to have some balance in my life. Is it possible???? From where I'm standing right now it looks rather ambitious, to be totally honest.

No comments: