Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Awesome Day at Work!

So...in non PV-related news, I had an awesome day at work today! I took care of two patients (one sick and one not-so-sick). The not-so-sick one was an adorable older gentleman, while the sick one was trying her best to keep me on my toes! At one point her BP skyrocketed from the 120s to over 200, while her heart rate dropped waaaaay down. Then, later on...she decided to raise her heart rate sky high and drop her pressure. It was a wackadoo day, let me tell ya. We got her somewhat squared away, though...hoping she doesn't give the night-shift RN too much trouble. Needless to say, I was G-L-A-D to be done for the day!

Annnd, this may sound goofy, but I got to help a co-worker out today! I am finally getting familiar enough with things that when someone needs help I can be somewhat useful. This is HUGE in the ICU, as we rely on our colleagues so very much. It's been very important to me that I be a contributing part of the team and I'm starting to feel that way...even if it's just a little bit at a time.

Speaking of work, I am moving to night shift in four weeks or so. I guess it's inevitable, so I might as well welcome the idea. More details when I'm not so freakin' tired!

Hugs to all!
Mo

No comments: