Thursday, January 17, 2013

I had an awesome day skiing!

I went skiing for the first time this season...it was fabulous! I was worried that I was going to be awful and stuck on the bunny hill most of the day, but I got my ski legs back pretty quick! After two quick runs on the bunny hill, my friend and I rode the big lift to the top of the mountain (OF COURSE it stopped on us...why does it always stop when I'm at a really high spot over really hard ground?)

Though we spent most of our time on the green runs, we snuck in a few small blue runs and I have to say I did better at them than I did last year! There's one run called "Lower Main" that is steep, straight and long. My friends talked me into doing it and all I can say is peer pressure is a bitch. I pretty much went down sideways, but I didn't fall and I made it to the bottom! That run will be conquered!

Here is a pic of me after our beautiful day!

In other news, I was thinking about my RDW the other day and realized that I hadn't checked in in awhile...I looked at my lab results and saw that with my last draw it was in the normal range! Could this mean my bone marrow is playing nice? Interestingly, my RDW shot up as soon as I started working night shift...now that I've cut back on my schedule to two nights/week it was normal. Good thing I am starting day shift someday (hopefully) soon!

In other news, made some super delish (but probably a bit too garlicky), faux mashed potatoes using cauliflower. Now, I have tried this concoction in the past, but that was before I welcomed my VitaMix into my family. When I made it before it had an awful, grainy consistency...not anymore! Smooth, creamy and delish! A fabulous substitute for carby potatoes!

So, if you are interested in making them...here is the linky-poo:
Click here for yumminess!


No comments: