Saturday, March 13, 2010

Peds almost done, OB here I come!

This coming week is a week of lasts...my last week in Peds, my last week EVER of having to go to the hospital to pick a patient, and also my last week EVER of doing pre-clinical prep. And you can bet your sweet tookus there's a bottle of champagne chilling in the fridge to celebrate the moment I finish my last write up. I am soooo excited to be done with all that prep work...we don't choose patients the day before in OB and we don't do it with preceptorship either. This is the end of an era folks...the end of the stress, the concept maps, the sick feeling that I surely missed something. I. Can't. Freakin'. Wait!

So, let's see....school is going well. Got a 96 or so on my first peds exam and a 95 on my second OB exam. Woo hoo. We've got a Peds test coming up this Friday and I really should be studying for that instead of listening to 5-0 radio (police and fire scanner app on the ol' iPod) and updating this blog. But I am seriously suffering from senior-itis and all I want to do is jick-jack around and pretend I'm a "normal person."

I've been thinking a lot about my ICU vs. M/S dilemma for 4th semester and I really really really want to go the ICU route. I love it too much to even think about doing anything else, and even though the job prospects aren't as plentiful I also have to remind myself that I will never have this opportunity again and I should take it. Besides, I plan on kicking total booty during my preceptorship, so I am hopeful I'll make some connections that will help me land my dream job. After all, I throw down like nobody's business :-)

Any other news? Guess not...just finishing up some group projects and looking forward to Spring Break. Believe it or not I am actually going somewhere this time...heading to Oregon to spend 5 days on the beach. It's going to be quiet and lazy and beautiful. Just what Nurse Mo ordered.

No comments: