Sunday, May 27, 2007

Welcome to my Science Project

Our fridge and cabinets have gotten to the point where it is impossible to squeeze any more items in...putting anything in takes an advanced degree in physics and since I barely squeeked by with a BA in Communications, then Hubby and I are embarking on an experiment: Not to go grocery shopping for an entire month! Soy milk is the one exception...and since we signed up for a CSA (community supported agriculture) and will be getting a big ol' box of fresh, organic produce every week...we really have no other reason to go to the market. Yay!

The interesting thing will be what we actually eat...you know how it gets when you get down to eating whatever is on hand.

Tom's Dinner: Leftover Turkey Burger and Tomato Salad
My Dinner: Edamame and a vanilla Tofutti Cutie (these are THE BEST soy "ice-cream" sandwiches EVER!!!!!)

See what I mean about weird meals? We are also going to try our hardest to NOT go out to a restaurant until my birthday...June 24th. Think of all the money we'll save:-)

Can we do it?????

Science Experiment Day 1 of 30.

*******************************************************
Good Kitty: Went to yoga this morning
Bad Kitty: Ate a Tofutti Cutie for DINNER. Hellooooo!!!!!?????!!!
Short Term Goal: Get my filing system set up for all my financial info according to David Bach's Smart Women Finish Rich.
Long Term Goal: The usual...save $$, pay off the tax man, be more philanthropic, love more

No comments: