Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I've Gained a Pound...WTF?!?!?!???

Either I am seriously retaining water or I have been pigging out waaaaay too much lately. Stepped on the scale this morning, fully expecting to see a drop of a pound or two. Nope! It went up by a little over a pound!!!!!! So, I am going to do an experiment...no refined carbohydrates, wine, Tofutti Cuties or sweets for a whole week...I will weigh in again on June 6th. Stay tuned! (oh woe is me...a week without Tofutti Cuties! What is the world coming to?!?) My friend Liz says I need to "eat more protein and less carbs", but the food I love is awash in refined carbos...I will do my very very best to stay away from the Tofuttis and the wine though. Here's a look at today:

Breakfast: Pineapple and a banana and a whole-wheat, organic pop-tart type thingy
Snack: Eggplant Hummus & half a whole-wheat pita
Lunch: Apple & Tomato soup (see how good I am today!)
Snack 2: Beans (Vegan baked beans to be exact...not just a boring ol' can of beans)
Snack 3: Jolly Rancher (Sugar Alert!)
Dinner? Hmmmmm....maybe some Edamame and Indian food...it's Fusion Cuisine at its finest!

p.s. I am sooooo hungry today!

In other news, our Science Project is going well! It is now Day 4 of 30 without any grocery shopping or dining out (at least on my end...Thomas likely cheats and goes out to lunch). Slowly but surely the goods are getting all 'et up'. I really should take a picture of my fridge, you would not BELIEVE it! We have more condiments than a frat house full of bachelors...seriously.

*****************************
Good Kitty: Started my financial filing stuff...wasn't as fun as it sounded in the book, so I stopped part way.
Bad Kitty: Aforementioned Jolly Rancher
Short Term Goal: Go to early morning yoga at least ONCE in June!

Hugs to all my peeps! Oh, here's a cute picture of Shakey Jake to please all you cat lovers out there...he's my little Killing Machine..isn't he just grand?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the "good kitty bad kitty stuff." I just might have to steal that.