Tuesday, July 08, 2008

On the Fitness Front...

Ok, so don't tell my hubby but for his B-Day I got him this cool thing by Nike that you put in your shoe and it logs your running mileage...somehow it communicates all this to your iPod so you can analyze your running program on your iPod. It's way cool. So, in conjunction with that I signed the two of us up for a 5K on September 14th...that's not very far from now considering that I get winded if I jog for more than 2 minutes straight.

So...to gear up for our big run I am running with the help of a Podcast called "Couch to 5K", which basically turns even the laziest person ever (me) into a runner in 9 weeks. Since I am also trying to talk my friend Cheri into doing a duathlon on August 24th, I am compressing my 9 week running plan down to 7 or so. And yes, I know that the whole idea is to gradually ease into running, but hey...I can bench press 40 pounds and do 3.5 "real" push-ups, so it's not like I'm starting at groun zero here. :-)

Oh, I also got him a wobble-board, which is kind of one of those things that I think he'll like but that I KNOW I'll like. If I were cool enough to do links I'd do them here so you could check it out, but alas...I am not that cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know you can do it Mo! Running is great! It is like setting the old reset button to the brain too. Do you still wear your MBT's? I broke my out last night and they felt really great. They also have some new sandal and mary jane styles that are actually cute. Good luck with all your studying.