Thursday, January 31, 2008

Sad news about Shakey Jake

It's been a few weeks, so I can write this without tearing up. Poor little Jakey is no longer with us. His fungal infection was just too big for his little immune system, and after a scary episode of labored breathing I took him to the emergency vet where I was told he was "oxygen dependent." He was such a great little cat, and I can't help but wonder why I keep getting all the sick animals. I have made Tibi and Oliver promise that they'll just keel over...no long, drawn-out illnesses...please!

When I went to pick up his ashes, they had made a little ceramic paw print, which made me cry like a baby. It is just the sweetest little thing, and I have added it to my growing shrine to all my dead loved ones...so far I have a picture of my mom, a painting and photograph of Truman, Jake's ashes and paw print, and a wooden cat that sort of resembles Judi. It's kind of sweet in a sad sort of way...my little shrine of love or sadness or appreciation and gratitude...depends on my mood.

Hug your kitties!

No comments: